Rutgers Model United Nations 2017 wrapped up this past weekend – and what a conference it was. Delegates took the theme of “Global Disparities” and ran with it, addressing problems of inequality and resource scarcity with intensity and aplomb. They had some fun, too. Take a look at some of RUMUN ’17’s greatest moments courtesy […]read more
Start your own Model UN conference!
IDIA can help you develop your own conference, whether you are a university or high school.
Registration is open!
Save the date!
Check out IDIA's 2017-2018 conference calendar and register today!
What Is Model Congress?
Learn how your school can turn your MUN experience into Model Congress success.
- This year is the 24th annual Middle School Model United Nations. Today was the first day of the four day conference https://t.co/88rNKIXtwg
- Rutgers Model Congress is a simulation of Capitol Hill for students in grades 9 through 12. Learn more: https://t.co/3h7fXyVcnT
- Are you interested in making your voice heard to @UN officials? @UNHumanRights wants your input on the implementati https://t.co/RVIV2WNfuB
- Model Congress gives students a chance to explore issues closer to home - like infrastructure funding and, yes, https://t.co/WUvRRloavF
- The list of #RutgersModelCongress 2018 committees and topics is up! Find the one that speaks to your passions and i https://t.co/O9H8YwOcJY
The cost of attending a model UN or model Congress conference can unfortunately sometimes prevent students from attaining the rich educational experience these conferences offer. At the Institute for Domestic and International Affairs (which powers ModelUN.com), we make it a major part of our mission to extend scholarships and grants for students of all socioeconomic […]read more
RUMUN 2014, which took place from 4-7 December 2014 was the largest conference in our history, bringing together more than 1,250 delegates from across the country and around the world. Delegates convened to discuss some of the world’s most pressing issues, while focusing on the critical role of civil society. “At IDIA, our goal is […]read more
Model United Nations and Model Congress are unique experiences that help you to learn about the world around you in an unthreatening and enriching environment. For a few hours or a few days, you will have the opportunity to represent an elected official, a member of the Press, or even a United Nations Delegate as […]read more
Model United Nations and Model Congress address Grade 11-12 Common Core Standards for all participants. In addition to satisfying Grade 8 and Grade 9-10 standards, the mixed grade and track format of the traditional conference experience not only exposes, but also challenges students to go above and beyond what is expected of them at grade-level.read more
Model United Nations and Model Congress offer participants the opportunity not only to be exposed to critical life skills, but also to further develop them in a constructive and supportive environment. The typical high school student has not had the opportunity to self-direct a research project, to develop positions on issues, speak with authority at the […]read more